- 1-ounce summer truffles
- 2 ounces grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon black truffle oil
- 8 ounces cabernet sauvignon
- 8 ounces veal stock (can be purchased from specialty stores)
- A pinch sugar
- A pinch salt
- A pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 to 6 medium-sized early girl tomatoes
- 4 (5-ounce) beef tenderloin portions
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio cut in quarters and tossed in 1 tablespoon balsamic and 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons banyuls vinegar or substitute aged balsamic
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced chives
- 2 tablespoons capers removed from brine and rinsed, fried in 1/4 cup olive oil until
- crispy, approximately 2 minutes. Remove and drain from oil.
Combine truffles, oils and salt, to taste, in food processor and pulse until you have a crushed texture or alternately place them in a mortar and pestle and crush until the oil is emulsified.
Reduce wine until syrupy about 3/4 of the way add the veal stock and reduce by half. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
Thinly slice the tomatoes and lay them down on 4 (11-inch) plates overlapping until each plate is covered. Set aside.
Preheat grill over high heat.
Rub the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the steaks onto the hot grill and cook to desired temperature along with the marinated radicchio.
While the steaks are grilling, evenly coat the tomato carpaccio with the truffle mixture. Followed by the vinegars and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper to get the tomato juices running.
Place the grilled radicchio in the center of each plate and top with the steak. Sprinkle the chopped oregano, chives and fried capers on each plate followed by some hot Cabernet sauce.