- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 1 pound halloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 button mushrooms
- 8 grape tomatoes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Chive oil, recipe follows
Preheat grill to medium.
For each skewer, assemble alternating pieces of cheese, bell peppers and red onion, ending with a mushroom and grape tomato on the end. Spray skewers with non-stick cooking spray, place on grill, and cook until cheese starts to melt; turn and cook on the other side until vegetables are tender. Place skewers on plates and drizzle with chive oil.
1 cup canola oil
2 ounces chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, combine canola oil, chives and salt and pepper, to taste; blend until smooth and bright green.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.