- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 pound lamb leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked applewood bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for sauteing
- Special Equipment: ice pop sticks
Toast the coriander seed and mustard seed in a small, dry saute pan over low heat until fragrant. Place the toasted seeds in a spice grinder and grind to a powder. Place lamb, pork, and bacon in a large bowl. Add all herbs and seasonings and toss to combine well.
Grind the meat in a meat grinder with a medium die and then chill overnight.
Wrap 1 tablespoon of ground meat around the end of an ice pop stick. Repeat until all meat is used. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Saute lollipops, in batches, until meat is cooked through, about 2 minutes on the first side and 1 minute on the other side. Serve hot.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.