- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 buster crabs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups red, yellow, and green grape tomatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon 25-year-old balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives, plus 1 teaspoon chopped chives for garnish
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices brioche, toasted
- 4 teaspoons aioli
- 1 tablespoon micro greens, or any lettuce sprout
- 1 tablespoon chive oil, for garnish, optional
- 1 tablespoon beet juice, for garnish, optional
In a large saute pan, heat the canola oil over a medium-high flame. Season the buster crabs with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper and combine with the cornmeal in a shallow dish or large bowl. Toss crabs in the mixture to coat. Carefully place the crabs into the hot oil and cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, season the tomatoes with salt, pepper, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon chives, and olive oil. Place the tomatoes over the toasted brioche croutons and place on a serving plate. Place drained crabs over the tomatoes and top each of them with a dollop of aioli. Place micro greens or any lettuce sprout on top of aioli.
To serve, garnish plate with additional chopped chives, chive oil, and beet juice, if desired.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.