- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 4 cups cooked, sliced spicy Italian sausage
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (house-made or high quality store-bought)
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta, cooked al dente
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a skillet over medium heat, saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until translucent. Add the red bell peppers and cook until soft. Add the sausage and marinara. Bring to a boil. Toss the penne in the marinara until coated. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.