- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 8 cilantro sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) fresh tuna fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 avocados, sliced 1/4-inch thick
Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Add the chopped tomato, cilantro and onion. Season the tuna very well with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from heat and slice the tuna into 1/4-inch slices. To serve, neatly arrange the tuna slices and avocado slices on a plate and drizzle the sauce over the tuna.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.