- 6 ounces cold butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 ounces clam juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 10 to 12 large shrimp (21 to 25 count), peeled and de-veined, with tails
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, green part only
- Day old French bread rounds, sliced 3/4-inch thick
Melt 4 ounces of the butter in a skillet. Add the Creole seasoning, clam juice, garlic and shrimp. Saute until the shrimp are pink. Add the mushrooms, parsley, and scallions. Saute until the mushrooms are tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining 2 ounces of butter and continue cooking until the sauce is creamy. Server over French bread rounds in shirred egg dishes or shallow soup bowls.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.