- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 pounds sliced okra
Render bacon in a large saucepan, cooking until crisp. Remove from pan and dice, reserving drippings in pan. Add onion to the skillet with bacon fat and saute over medium heat until tender. Add all remaining ingredients, except okra, and bring to a boil, stirring to avoid burning. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add okra and let stew until the bright green color begins to fade. Serve hot.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.