- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Spanish onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (12-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot, place peeled and diced sweet potatoes and fill with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook the potatoes until soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, onion, red pepper, peas, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and serve cold.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.