- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 andouille or linguica sausage, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 pound romano beans or green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 cup short-grain rice, such as Arborio, Valenciana, or California short-grain
- 1 (14 ounces) can chopped tomatoes, with their juice
- 1 cup water
- Pinch saffron
In a wide frying pan or saute pan over high heat, warm oil and add onion and sausage; cook, stirring, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add thyme, beans, and rice and stir until well-coated with oil. Stir in tomatoes and water and bring to a boil; add saffron and mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.