- 8 egg whites
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 1-ounce raspberry powder
- 8 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
In a stainless steel mixing bowl, whip the egg whites, whip to frothy. Continue whipping and stream in the granulated sugar. Whip to firm peaks. With a plastic spatula, fold in the pre-sifted raspberry powder and confectioners' sugar. Fold in vanilla extract and balsamic vinegar.
Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with desired piping tube. Pipe on parchment paper to desired disc shape. Place in a preheated 200 degree oven and bake for 2 hours.
DULCE DE LECHE CREAM*:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche (available at specialty stores)
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- *sorbet or ice cream may be substituted
Whip the heavy cream and creme fraiche to firm peak. Fold in the dulce de leche. Fill meringue tart shell. Top with fresh picked berries.