Raspberry Ripple Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups white cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon red food color
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon white cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon raspberry extract
Using a rubber spatula gently combine cake mix, juice, oil, and egg whites in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Remove 1 cup of batter and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in raspberry preserves and food color and mix until well combined.
Pour half of white cake batter into prepared tube pan. Top with raspberry cake batter. Pour over the remaining half of white cake batter. Bake in preheated oven for 38 to 40 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Remove and cool completely.Glaze:
Combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and heat through over medium heat until syrupy.Icing:
Mix all icing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk until a smooth thick consistency.
To serve, turn tube pan over onto a serving plate and gently lift pan to remove cake. Drizzle icing and glaze over top and down sides of cake.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse