Raspberry-Stuffed French Toast
- 1 medium loaf (about 8 ounces, or 12 medium-thick slices) brioche, challah, or other egg bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole, 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces very cold cream cheese, in 1 block
- Unsalted butter
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 package frozen raspberries, defrosted
- Confectioners' sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon, or to taste
Warm 6 serving plates in the oven at 200 degrees.
Slice the bread into 12 pieces. In a bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy. Add the milk, cream, salt, vanilla and granulated sugar and whisk to blend. Pour into a sheet pan with sides. Arrange the bread slices in the pan in a single layer and let soak. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, cut the cream cheese into 12 thin slices. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of butter and melt until foamy. Working in 2 batches if necessary, arrange the soaked bread slices in the skillet. Cook until lightly brown, about 3 minutes. Lay 2 slices of cream cheese on top then place 1/6 of the raspberries on top of the cheese. Place another slice of soaked bread on top and press firmly with the back of a spatula. Turn the "sandwich" over and brown on the other side, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to warmed serving plates.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
French Toast with Caramelized Pecans, Strawberries and Cream, Croissant French Toast with Soft Caramel Apples, Cornflake-Crusted French Toast With Bananas, Shortbread Cookie Recipes, Carrot Cake Recipes, Fruit Dessert, Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes, Creme Brulee Recipes, Easter Desserts