Ratatouille Seafood Chowder
- Half of ratatouille (see above)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- 1 cup tomato juice or fish stock
- 1 1/2 pounds seafood like peeled and deveined shrimp, scallops or monkfish cut into 1inch cubes
- Generous handful of chopped Italian parsley leaves.
- Salt and pepper
To form a soupier poaching liquid, gently reheat ratatouille with fennel seeds, and tomato juice or fish stock. Bring mixture to a simmer and gently poach seafood until done. Adjust seasoning and add fresh parsley. Spoon into deep dishes and serve with warm crusty French bread with which to sop up the juices.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay