Raw Fish: Poisson Cru
- 12 ounces tuna loin, diced
- 1/2 cup quartered, sliced fresh cucumber
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup julienned red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 fresh whole coconut, split and meat grated to equal 2 cups
In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, cucumber, carrots, peppers, tomato, onion, and chives. Gently toss with hands. Season with the salt and lime juice. In the piece of cheesecloth, add the grated coconut. Then gather up the ends and over the bowl, wring out the milk from the coconut by twisting the cheesecloth tighter and tighter; retain the coconut juice for another recipe (notably Prawns with Vanillla Coconut Sauce, also shown on this show). Gently toss the ingredients in the bowl again and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.