- Rawsagna Noodles:
- 3 to 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed off, sliced very thin (may use mandolin if possible)
- 2 1/2 cups pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons filtered water
- Tomato Sauce:
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, with oil from jar
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pistachio Pesto:
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 to 1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
For the noodles: Put sliced zucchini on a plate and allow them to rest on the counter at room temperature.
For the ricotta: Put all of the ricotta ingredients (except the water) in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until incorporated. Blend in the water until mixture is slightly fluffy; you may not use all of the water, or you may need a little more to achieve the consistency.
For the pesto: Place ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined but still chunky. Taste and season, if necessary, with additional sea salt.
To assemble: Put 2 to 3 zucchini slices on a plate, overlapping one on top of another. Gently spread the ricotta over the zucchini, covering the entire surface. Repeat the same process with the tomato sauce, and then the pesto. Sandwich the purees with another 2 to 3 slices of zucchini, and then gently press down. In the center of the second layer of zucchini, spread a small amount of each puree, one on top of the other, like previously executed. Put a basil leaf in the center of the purees as a garnish. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.