Red Chile Crusted Filet Mignon with Ancho Chile Mushroom Sauce
- Ancho Chile Mushroom Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed and caps slice 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ancho puree
- 2 tablespoons chipotle puree
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Red Chile Crusted Steak:
- 2 tablespoons New Mexico red chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chile de arbol powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pasilla chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- 4 filet mignons, 1- to 1 1/2-inches thick
DirectionsAncho Chile Mushroom Sauce:
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Raise the heat to high, add the wine and cook until dry. Reduce the heat to medium, add the mushrooms, cook until lightly browned and soft, and add the stock. Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
Whisk in the ancho puree and chipotle and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the honey and salt and pepper to taste.Red Chile Crusted Steak:
Combine all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Brush a large saute pan or grill pan with oil and heat over high heat until almost smoking. Dredge each steak on 1 side in the pepper mixture and cook, pepper-side down for 1 minute, or until brown and crisp. Turn the meat over, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more, until done to your liking.
Serve with the Ancho Chile Mushroom Sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Red Chile-Buttermilk Brined Chicken With Spicy Mango-Honey Glaze, Crab and Shiitake-Stuffed Filet Mignon with Diver Scallops Wrapped in Peruvian Purple Potato Nets and Bearnaise Sauce, Korean-style Filet Mignon, London Broil Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Saucepan, Mushroom Side Dish Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes