Red Pepper Black-Eyed Pea Gravy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shallots (approximately 4 shallots), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3/4 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, skin removed
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
In a saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for 3 to 4 minutes until soft. Add red wine, paprika, and Creole seasoning. Cook a few minutes until wine has evaporated. Add the clam juice and 1/4 cup chicken stock, black-eyed peas and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer. In a food processor, blend roasted peppers and remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock. Add the peppers; cook 5 minutes longer stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves, adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve warm.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cod Croquettes, Sweet Red Pepper Gravy, and Mashed Potatoes with Spinach, A Stuffed Picnic: Tuna and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Feta and Chick Pea Stuffed Zucchini, Nut and Brown Sugar Stuffed Macintosh Apples, Black-Eyed Peas with Bacon and Pork, Chicken Casserole Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Sauce, Prime Rib Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes