Red Pepper Black-Eyed Pea Gravy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shallots (approximately 4 shallots), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3/4 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, skin removed
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
In a saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for 3 to 4 minutes until soft. Add red wine, paprika, and Creole seasoning. Cook a few minutes until wine has evaporated. Add the clam juice and 1/4 cup chicken stock, black-eyed peas and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer. In a food processor, blend roasted peppers and remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock. Add the peppers; cook 5 minutes longer stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves, adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve warm.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Deep-Fried Black-Eyed Pea and Ham Bites with a Sweet Cranberry Dipping Sauce, Gutsy Red Pepper Gazpacho, Green Beans and Red Peppers with Almonds, Sausage Gravy Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Beans and Legumes