Red Pepper Crab Soup
- 1/4 cup (38 g) chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) half and half mixed with 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 (492 g) large red peppers, roasted
- 2 cups (270 g) imitation or fresh crab meat, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Saute onions in olive oil.
2. Place sauteed onion, broth, half and half with flour, red peppers, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
3. Select Variable 1.
4. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
5. Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Add salt.
6. Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Drop crab meat through the lid plug opening. Stop machine and serve immediately.
For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for low fat or skim milk.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Carnival Squash Soup, with Fried Sage and Shaved Parmesan, Charred Eggplant Soup, Cornmeal-Crusted Soft-Shelled Crabs with Cilantro-Lime Tartar Sauce, Potato Soup Recipes, Mushroom Soup Recipes, Carrot Soup Recipes, Tortilla Soup Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes, Shrimp Creole Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.