Red Pepper Vinaigrette for Roasted Vegetables
- 4 cups an assortment of steamed vegetables: (each cut into different shapes, either sliced, diced or cut into strips) yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli and carrots
- 1/2 cup raw mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (fresh or from jar)
- Dijon mustard to taste
- 2 parboiled cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For a Monday to Friday meal you can steam just one variety of vegetable and serve it before the soft-shell crabs. For a more elegant meal steam different vegetables (for their different colors) just until they are al dente; pat dry and set aside.
To make the vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, puree the red peppers, mustard, garlic, vinegar, olive, hazelnut and vegetable oils. Season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, ladle some pepper vinaigrette on a plate; pose vegetables (or vegetables) in an attractive pattern over the top.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali