Red Tangy Slaw
- 1 medium head red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Al's barbecue sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Al's Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 gallon apple cider vinegar
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle ketchup
- 22 ounces light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Refrigerate before serving.
Mix all ingredients in a 6-quart stainless steel pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer, about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand, about 30 minutes. Sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 5 quarts
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Al Carson