Classic Hot Wings
- Canola oil, for frying
- 24 chicken wing parts (12 wings separated into 2 pieces)
- One 12-ounce bottle cayenne hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 stick butter
- Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Several dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Blue cheese dip, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Heat 3 inches of canola oil in a heavy pot to 375 degrees F.
Add half the chicken wing parts to the oil and fry them until they're golden brown and fully cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the other half of the wing parts.
Place the wings in an ovenproof dish and pour the hot sauce over the top. Toss to coat, and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved