Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Yukon gold or russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter, plus more for baking
- 1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Milk, if needed, for thinning
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Drain the potatoes, and then return them to the pan. With the burner on low heat, mash the potatoes with a potato masher; the more steam that's released while you mash, the better. Mash for about 5 minutes. Turn off the burner.
Pour the mashed potatoes into a large casserole pan. Dot the surface with butter. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond