Garlic Cheese Bread
- 3 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- 3/4 cup grated Pepper Jack
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup (real) mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 sticks softened butter
- 4 whole green onions (white and light green parts), minced
- 1 dash salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix the cheeses with the mayonnaise, 1/4 stick of the softened butter and the green onions. Add the salt and pepper to taste and set aside or keep in the fridge until you need it.
Melt the remaining 1 stick butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and add the garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes to release the garlic flavor.
Cut the loaf of bread in half. Brush the garlic butter over each half, making sure it's evenly distributed. Spread the cheese mixture on the loaves and bake until the cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Once out of the oven, sprinkle over the chopped parsley. Slice and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.