- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Several dashes hot sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash black pepper
- 4 cups good-quality tomato juice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Avocado slices, for serving
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely minced
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Crusty bread, for serving
Mince up the garlic, cut the onion into slices, and dice up the tomatoes, celery, cucumber and zucchini.
Splash in the vinegar and add the sugar, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Finally pour in 2 cups of the tomato juice and blend well. You'll basically have a tomato base with a beautiful confetti of vegetables.
Pour the blended mixture into a large bowl and add in the other half of the diced vegetables. Stir it together. Then stir in the remaining 2 cups tomato juice. Give it a taste and make sure the seasoning is right. Adjust as needed. Refrigerate for an hour if possible.
Grill or saute the shrimp until opaque. Set aside.
2012 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved