Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (more if needed)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (more juice if lemon isn't very juicy)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more softened for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple or pancake syrup, warmed, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat a heavy skillet or grill over medium-low heat.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Stir in the melted butter. Splash in more evaporated milk if the mixture is overly thick. Stir in the blueberries.
Serve with more softened butter and warm syrup.
2011, Ree Drummond All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay