Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (more if needed)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (more juice if lemon isn't very juicy)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more softened for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple or pancake syrup, warmed, for serving
Heat a heavy skillet or grill over medium-low heat.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the evaporated milk, lemon zest and juice. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Serve with more softened butter and warm syrup.
2011, Ree Drummond All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse