Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (more if needed)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (more juice if lemon isn't very juicy)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more softened for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple or pancake syrup, warmed, for serving
Heat a heavy skillet or grill over medium-low heat.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the evaporated milk, lemon zest and juice. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Serve with more softened butter and warm syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse