- 1 whole large (or 2 small) onions
- 2 sticks butter (lots and lots of butter)
- 2 to 3 pounds cube steak (tenderized round steak that's been extra tenderized)
- Seasoned salt, such as Lawry's seasoned salt (or similar seasoned salt)
- 1/2 cups (approximately) Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 4 whole French/deli rolls (Earthgrains are best!)
Slice the onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
Slice the cube steak against the grain. Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add the meat in a single layer. Cook one side until brown, and then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
Add 1/2 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes hot sauce and 2 tablespoons butter. Add the cooked onions. Stir to combine.
Butter the halved French rolls and brown in a skillet.
To assemble, lay the bottom half of a French roll on a plate. Place the meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half and devour!