- 5 pounds russet potatoes (about 8 medium russets)
- 1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise, plus more if needed
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard, plus more if needed
- 5 whole green onions, sliced up to the darkest green part
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 10 whole small sweet pickles, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 6 whole hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
Cut the potatoes in halves or thirds, then boil until fork tender. Drain. Mash the potatoes or run them through a ricer or food mill to make them extra fluffy.
Fold the potatoes together with the mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, dill, salt, pepper, paprika and other seasonings you like. Fold in the pickles, pickle juice and eggs, and taste for seasoning. Add more salt, mustard or mayo as needed.