- Two 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, such as Rotel
- One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (or more to taste!)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin, with seeds and membrane
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 whole lime, juiced
Combine the diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, cilantro, onions, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, salt, sugar and lime juice in a blender or food processor. (This is a very large batch. I recommend using a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.)
Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like. I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate the salsa for at least an hour before serving.
2012 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved