- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into cubes
- 2 unpeeled lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 unpeeled limes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 small unpeeled orange, thinly sliced
- 1 .5 liter red wine, such as cabernet sauvignon, merlot or pinot noir, chilled
- 1 .5 liter dry white wine, such as chardonnay, sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio, chilled
- 1 cup orange or citrus flavored rum
- 1 cup orange or citrus flavored vodka
- 1 cup sugar
- Ice, for serving
Place the fruit in a large vat. Pour in the red wine, white wine, citrus rum and citrus vodka. Next, to add a subtle sweetness, dissolve the sugar in 1 cup water and add it to the mix. Stir well, then cover and refrigerate for several hours, giving the fruit and liquids time to meld. Serve in glasses over ice, and have tongs nearby so guests can help themselves to the fruit.
Designated drivers are recommended!
2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved