- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 16 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade, plus more if needed
- Salt and pepper
In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir, lightly frying for about a minute and removing from the heat before the garlic gets too brown (it can be golden). Pour it into a mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, balsamic, basil and some salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss to combine, and then taste and add more basil if needed, and more salt if needed.