Reese's Baby Croquembouche
- 6 4 -ounce conical drinking cups
- 1 box of Cocoa Puff Cereal
- 1 pound and 4 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 6 disks of sponge cake, cut the same size as the inside of the chocolate cups, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup of simple syrup mixed with 1/4 cup Rum
- 4 ounces high-quality white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups whipped heavy cream
- Acetate film
In a mixing bowl, measure 6 conical cups of Cocoa Puff Cereal. Add 4 ounces of melted chocolate. Mix well. Fill up each cone with the mixture. Let cool in the refrigerator until set. Remove from the refrigerator.
To make the cup, use acetate film. Cut a 3 by 3-inch square. Form a 2 1/2-inch diameter ring, 1-inch tall and secure it with a Post Flag for easier removal. Brush the square base with chocolate. Place the ring on the square and let it set. Brush the inside with chocolate, let set and add a second layer of chcocolate. Fill each chocolate cup with a sponge cake disk oversoaked with the Rum syrup. Mix chocolate, peanut butter and whipped cream together and fill up the cup. Level the top using the spatula. Remove the acetate. Remove the paper cup from the puff cone and set the cone on top of the chocolate cup.
Courtesy of Michel Richard
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee