Refrigerator Pasta Salad
- 1/4 pound cooked spaghetti, cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 rib celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 scallion, cut into thin rounds
- Small McIntosh apple, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces smoked chicken breast, skinned and cut into pieces, 1/4 inch wide and 2-inches long
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, regular or low fat
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sour cream, regular or low fat
- Washed Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
In the bottom of a mixing bowl combine the spaghetti, celery, half the amount of scallion, apple, walnuts, and chicken. Now make a dressing of lemon juice, tarragon, mayonnaise and sour cream. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and add to salad. Toss to combine, adjust seasoning. Serve over lettuce and garnish with remaining scallion.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.