- Russian dressing (recipe follows)
- 2 pieces Jewish Corn Rye, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces corned beef
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- RUSSIAN DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon drained horseradish
- 1 tablespoon pickles, sweet and sour, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Make the Russian Dressing (recipe follows).
If the bread is not fresh. put the bread slices in a steamer until they soften.
On a board, lay down one slice of bread. Top with half of the corned beef and a small layer of cheese. Remove the layers of beef and cheese from the bread and put them in a steamer. Repeat this process with the remaining corned beef and another small layer of cheese. Steam the beef until it is warm and the cheese has melted.
Heat the drained sauerkraut in a saucepan.
Top a slice of bread with some Russian Dressing, some sauerkraut, a layer of corned beef and cheese, more Russian Dressing, the second layer of corned beef and cheese, sauerkraut, Russian Dressing and the second slice of bread.RUSSIAN DRESSING:
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients until blended.
Suggested drink: Paulaner Heffeweissen
Recipe courtesy of David Rosengarten