Rhubarb Peach Pie with a Crunchy Macaroon Topping
- 1 prebaked 9-inch pie shell made with butter (make rim crust thick so it will not get too dark during it's second baking)
- For the filling:
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 14 ounces chopped rhubarb
- 12 ounces peeled, sliced peaches
- Topping, recipe follows
- 2 1/2 cups crumbled coconut macaroons (if you make your own, bake them about
- 25 degrees lower than the recipe calls for, so that they will dry out with no browning)
- 3/4 cup whole pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold sweet butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
DirectionsFor the filling:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix together flour, sugars, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. In a large bowl, beat the egg and orange juice together. Add the rhubarb, peaches, and zest. Sprinkle dry ingredients over the top and toss gently to combine.
Pour the filling into the piecrust. Sprinkle with topping and bake on the bottom 1/3 of the oven for about 1 hour, until the filling bubbles.Topping:
Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.