Rice, Black Bean, and Corn Salad
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 ears corn
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup long-grain rice (not converted)
- 1 1/2 cups drained canned black beans
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Mince garlic and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup. Cut enough kernels from cob to measure 1 1/2 cups.
In a small heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, bring water to a boil with garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in rice and cook, covered, over low heat 15 minutes. Stir in corn and cook, covered, 3 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is just tender. Fluff mixture with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis