- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup white rice, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
In a medium bowl, blend the yogurt, raisins, onion, curry powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, and vinegar. Stir in the cold rice and bell peppers. Refrigerate. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.