"I love how simple this recipe is to put together, just roll out the dough, bake and top. Everyone loves a flatbread and the crunchy texture of the pecans really brings out the smoothness of the ricotta and the fresh, sweet flavor of the basil leaves. It's the kind of appetizer or snack that just leaves people wanting more. The nuts on top of the ricotta have a flavorful way of bringing all of these ingredients together." -Alex Guarnaschelli
- 1 lb. prepared pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup coarsely chopped Fisher® Pecan Halves
- ½ cup tightly-packed basil leaves, washed
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 10 x 15-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine garlic and olive oil, set aside.
2. Shape dough into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle. Place on prepared baking pan. Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake 12-15 minutes, or until light brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven. Brush with garlic oil, let stand 10 minutes.
3. Spread the ricotta on the cooked dough and top with the Parmesan cheese and the pecans. Use a pair of scissors to cut the basil leaves into pieces and sprinkle them over the flatbread. Serve immediately.
Note: To make Basic Pizza Dough: Combine 1 tsp. active dry yeast with ¾ cup warm (about 110°F) water in a large bowl. Let sit 10 minutes to proof the yeast. Stir in
1¾ cups all-purpose flour, 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. kosher salt, ¼ tsp. ground black pepper and 1 Tbsp. honey. Mix until a dough forms then turn onto a floured surface. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth. Lightly coat inside of mixing bowl with olive oil and return dough to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft-free place for 30 to 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. Punch down dough and proceed as indicated in step 2 of the recipe.