Roast Turkey Breast with Zesty Dry Rub
- 1 whole turkey breast on the bone (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Dry Rub:
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- Mashed potatoes, for serving, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roast turkey in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on instant-read thermometer. Remove turkey to a warm place; let stand 10 minutes.
Gravy: Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from roasting pan. Sprinkle flour and 1/2 teaspoon of remaining dry rub over bottom of roasting pan; cook over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, for about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth until smooth; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Strain gravy through sieve into gravy boat; keep warm.
Cut off each 1/2 of the turkey breast from the bone. Wrap one 1/2 and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months, for later use. Slice other 1/2 of turkey breast and serve with the gravy, and mashed potatoes, if desired.