Roasted Asparagus and Red Onion Quesadillas
- For the quesadillas:
- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and separated into rings
- 8 (6 to 7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound Pepper Jack, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Chipotle Lime Sour Cream Dip:
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sour cream
To make quesadillas: Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
In a large shallow baking pan, toss asparagus with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and salt and pepper, to taste, until coated well.
In a large bowl toss onion with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil until coated well and arrange them around asparagus. Roast vegetables in lower third of oven, shaking pan occasionally until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Grease a large baking sheet. On sheet, arrange 4 tortillas in one layer and divide vegetables, Pepper Jack, and cilantro among them. Cover quesadillas with remaining 4 tortillas. Brush top tortillas with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and broil quesadillas about 3 inches from heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. With a metal spatula, turn quesadillas over, and broil until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Make chipotle lime sour cream dip while quesadillas broil.
In a small bowl, stir chile and lime juice into sour cream until combined well. Dip may be made 2 days ahead and chilled covered. Makes about 1 cup.
Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with dip.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.