Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut the bottoms off the Brussels sprouts and trim off any damaged outer leaves. Soak them in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes and drain them well. Cut them in half and put them into a roasting pan. Add the thyme, oregano, pine nuts, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the olive oil and vinegar and toss everything well to coat. Put the roasting pan into the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Give everything a good stir and cook for 25 minutes more, or until the Brussels sprouts are nicely browned and caramelized. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy George Duran
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell