Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Cumin
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves only, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium baking dish, combine the carrots, parsnips, garlic, cumin seeds, honey, olive oil, water, salt and pepper. Toss well. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and continue baking until the carrots begin to caramelize, about 20 minutes longer. There should be no liquid remaining in the pan. Sprinkle with the lime juice and mint and serve hot or cold.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.