Roasted Figs and Onions with Gorgonzola Croutons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 red onions, halved and peeled
- 8 fresh figs
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 ounces Gorgonzola
- Dash of Tabasco
- Dash of Worcestershire
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 slices baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil which has been mixed with 1 crushed garlic clove
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and mint. Slice the onions in half, from stem to root end and add to bowl. Coat onions and place in a shallow baking dish and roast for 30 minutes.
Add figs to the baking dish, baste with juices and roast for 15 more minutes.
Meanwhile, mix gorgonzola, Tabasco, Worcestershire and thin with cream to make a spreadable mixture. Brush baguette slices with garlic oil.
Remove the onions and figs from oven, raise oven temperature to 400 degrees. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast the slices for about 7 minutes, until browned.
Spread the cheese mixture on the bread. Place the onion and fig mixture on a platter, and surround with the croutons. Serve immediately. Tip: DRIED FIGS
Thank you! your flag was submitted.