Roasted Golden Pineapple with Spiced Whipped Cream
- 1 golden pineapple-sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweet wine (recommended: Gervertztraminer, mascato, rum)
- 1 vanilla bean-scraped
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 9 -by-9 inch baking pan
- Aluminum foil
In a stainless steel mixing bowl, combine pineapple slices, sugar, wine, vanilla bean and mint leaves. Place into baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Fruit should be slightly caramelized to the bottom of the baking pan and there should be fragrant syrup through out.
Whip cream to soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup sugar and spices. Continue whipping to stiff peak.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.