Roasted Mushroom and Asparagus Platter
- 4 servings
- 1 pound crimini or large button mushrooms
- 1/4 tablespoon plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -1/2 pounds asparagus (tough ends snapped off and bottom 1/3 peeled with vegetable peeler)
Preheat Oven to 450 degrees F. Place mushrooms and 1/4 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
Sprinkle w/ salt and pepper and oregano and toss to distribute oil and seasonings. Turn out into a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
Toss asparagus in remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, place asparagus on another baking sheet.
Place both baking sheets in oven and roast until asparagus is tender (10-15 minutes depending on thickness) and mushrooms are tender and golden (approximately 20 minutes).
Remove from oven and arrange on platter. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Mushrooms will bring out the earthy characteristics in Zinfandel.