Roasted Mushroom and White Asparagus or Endive Salad
- 10 white aspaaragus spears or 2 heads
- Belgian endive
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms, such as chanterelle, oyster, lobster, shiitake, button, and/or portobello, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 garlic clove, bruised
- 2 sprigs thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch frisee, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch arugula, torn into bite-sized pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 ounces shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
Preheat the oven to 550 degrees fahrenheit (or the highest setting).
Break the tough ends off the asparagus or trim the Belgian endive and slice it lengthwise into 8 wedges.
Place the mushrooms in a gratin or other baking dish with the asparagus or endive, the onion, garlic, and thyme. Toss with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables, turning a few times to ensure even browning, for about 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with fork.
Transfer the vegetables and theri cooking juices to a salad bowl and add the vinegar and a little more salt and pepper if needed. Toss well, taste for seasoning, and add the greens. Toss well. Scatter the Parmigiano on top and serve at once.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mushroom Salad in Cheese Crisps, Braesola and Lightly Pickled Mushroom and Cauliflower Salad with Crispy Parmigiano, Wild About You Salad: Wild Mushroom Salad with Thyme and Heart of Romaine, Parmesan Cheese, Salmon Salad Recipes, Crab Salad Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Easy Shrimp