For the Salami Bites:
- 12 slices Genoa salami
- 1 jarred red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces queso fresco cheese, crumbled
For the Chimichurri Dressing:
- 3 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves, loosely packed
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place salami slices on a cooling rack set on top of a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until edges curl up and salami is crispy but not burned. Remove from oven and set aside.
To assemble Salami Bites, top each salami crisp with a rounded spoonful of chopped peppers and a tablespoon of crumbled queso fresco. Drizzle a tablespoon of Chimichurri Dressing over the top of each and serve.
Using your favorite circular coaster or a circle large enough to hold the Salami Bites, trace the shape onto a decorative VIVA® towel. Cut out the circles using pinking shears and make a stack. These disposable coasters can replace the need for cocktail napkins at your next hors d'oeuvres party.