Roasted Poblano and Coconut Salsa
- 6 poblanos
- 2 small red onion, sliced thickly
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil, for brushing, plus 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Serving suggestion: cooked fish or chicken
Roast the poblano peppers on a grill. Clean the peppers of skin and seeds.
Dice the poblanos, onion, and tomatoes to a medium size dice.
In a mixing bowl, combine the diced onion, tomatoes, and poblanos with the toasted coconut. Add the orange juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fish or chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Alex Garcia