Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1/2 butternut squash, skin on, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 4 small carrots, scrubbed and dried
- 4 small parsnips, scrubbed and dried
- 1 turnip, cut in half and then into 3/4 inch slices
- 2 red onions, quartered through the root
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme and rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine all vegetables. In a small separate bowl, combine garlic, oil, herbs, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Mix marinade with vegetables, cover with plastic wrap and let sit up to 2 hours. Arrange vegetables on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in a pre heated 500 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.